Wednesday, February 13, 2008

McCain on Lantos

From McCain's Senate Office:

I was deeply saddened to learn today about the passing of Congressman Lantos. A patriot, a statesman, and a man of great courage, Tom Lantos demonstrated throughout his life the values that have made his adopted country a great nation.

The only Holocaust survivor ever to serve in Congress, Tom Lantos knew the dangers and cruelty of despotism. In resolving to oppose tyranny with all his might, he formed a lasting and fitting legacy, one that will be marked by his love of liberty.

Congressman Lantos’ steadfast support of the expansion of democracy and human rights to lands where they are denied helped transform the lives of many who never met him. I am honored to have known this remarkable American patriot, and I mourn his passing.

more on the late remarkably Honorable Democratic Representative from San Fransisco (!)

And let's not forget his remarkable speech at the dedication of the Victims of Communism Memorial:

1 comment:

Stephen R. Maloney said...

Hi Fellow Supporter of John McCain. On my blog, I've written recently about Rush Limbaugh's endorsement of Alaska Govenor Sarah Palin for McCain-s V-P choice, new information from Texas about the race there, and finally about Barack Obama's bizarre support of infanticide (in the case of so-called "live birth abortions"). If you'd ever like to use any of my material, please feel free to do so. I'd only ask you to cite my blog at: http://camp2008victorya.blogspot.com. If I can ever offer any assistance to help you get your pro-McCain message out, please let me know. Comments are always welcome. All the best to you and your blog visitors.