Friday, December 21, 2007

how many politicians does it take to change a lightbulb?

Even one is too many for me.

As a conservationist, I do as much as I can to reduce, reuse and recycle.
But if I like my light bulbs heat emitting and soft on the eyes, why should my options be limited by the government?
Go ahead, put a tax on it, make me pay a few more cents for it - but for the sake of my poor astigmatic eyes, on the gentle soul of Thomas Alva Edison, don't make the incandescent light bulb illegal! (M. Malkin also laments this not-so-bright idea.)
While I'm particularly dispirited by this attack on mood lighting by our legislature, the energy bill that overwhelmingly passed both houses of congress and received the Prez's signature has myriad problems - some of them listed here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey shua,
I have you listed on the MV08 Blog list, but I don't have your email. Could you shoot me a quick message to michael@schuyler.com. I'd like to get you some more information.

Thanks,

Michael Schuyler
National Co-Chair
McCainVictory08
michaelschuyler.blogspot.com